Thursday, May 04, 2006


Hi There,
I seem to have been completely overwhelmed with 'busyness' this week! Too many things happening all at once.
There has been a disaster with my OCA coursework. I sent some off to the tutor five or so weeks ago, knowing that he is very slow I was not too concerned at first. I emailed him last Thursday and got a very late phone call that night.. the work didn't arrive. So... it's back to the drawing board. I have all the pictures but some of the PCT has gone AWOL and will have to be re-written. What a pain and what a right royal waste of money and ink and paper.
At least he has now agreed to have it on CD which should be a bit easier and cheaper to assemble.
I have to go and sit in the local garden centre this afternoon as part of the EG's 'making Visible' week. Not sure why I agreed, but there you go. grin

Tomorrow Hospital appointment and Guild in the evening (we are due to hear about the new centre shenanikins!).

Saturday should be good... class with Jennie Rayment I'm looking forward to that.

In the meantime more orbs for you... I learnt to use Picassa this week as you can see. There are three images using tulips as the starting point and one using honesty.

6 comments:

Gill said...

Great pics, Dorothy! Shame about your work going astray - too bad they left it so long to tell you, too.

Enjoy your weekend.

Dorothy Gibbs said...

Thanks Gill. Well I guess I should have asked for a receipt, even send it recorded dekivery but I was being cheap and didn't!
Dorothy

Zaz said...

aw - thats a real shame , losing your work in the post! its like losing an email before it gets sent - its never the same second time around.

you have my sympathies - but I did love the tulip images!!!

brill!

sara

Dorothy Gibbs said...

Hi Sara... Yes... you are right. It is much harder to get this together again now.
Glad you liked the orbed pics.

Helen said...

Hi Dorothy, did I tell you I'd only save the link to your first post instead of your actual blog!....so lovely to come here from another blog to find really there is so much more splendid things. I love these orbs above..they remind me of beautiful glass paperweights.

Dorothy Gibbs said...

Thanks Helen