Friday, January 05, 2007


I have tried several times today (yesterday now!) to show you this pic and I couldn't so let's see what happens this time. I had several stitchy presents from friends this year as well as this book. It contains Haiku verse and is illustrated by Elizabeth Blackadder. The verse needs some thinking about as you need to understand what it all means and it is not always easy. I love it and I am sure there is some inspiration for art work in there too.

I also had a good video by Katherine Harris called Architextural images. She uses Buildings and such as her source and executes them in cloth or handmade paper with machine embroidery.

She demonstrates paper making and also runs a masterclass on the video. My only criticism is that there is little about her and nothing about the masterclass, such as where it was held and who the students are. Whoever they were, they were doing some lovely work.

No comments: