Tuesday, April 18, 2006


I haven't posted for a few days but I have been busy working at various things (mainly my Xara Extreme coursework (poor sample above) and watching videos and DVD's. I recently got Jean Draper's video (thanks to Carol for telling me where to get it) and I have really enjoyed that. The work described is from her jaunts to the American Southwest and I love the colours she used, the tecniques and the distressed look she gave to some of the pieces. I have enjoyed listening to the way she works and seeing her working space.
I have also re-run the two DVD's I have, one of which deals mainly with Golden products and their uses for collage (Carrie Burnes-Brown). I loved most of the work that she did with hers.
The other is about making the most of the art materials we already have. She goes through the products first and then uses them to make various end products. I didn't like eveything she did but I did enjoy watching the process in every case.
Now I want to find the Jane Dunnwold one. Anyone know where to get that?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dorothy,
Pleased you got the JD DVD at last, it is beautifully done, and the area she is inspired by is my favorite place on earth.
Janes DVD is available from her site and takes payment by paypal, that is where I got mine, but maybe Commited to Cloth may carry it in this country.

Dorothy Gibbs said...

Thanks Carol,I'll go and check out Jane's site.

Dorothy

Liz Plummer said...

Dorothy, I got mine from www.patchworkshop.de - their site is a bit complicated but if you email, Guenther speaks English and will tell you what they have. I found their postage a lot cheaper than getting it from Jane's direct.
Try this link:
http://www.patchworkshop.de/oxid.php/sid/7e2a6549a5d86afca983c9db588a510e//cl/search/tpl/-/searchcnid/7cc435bdc7551b078.98753739/searchvendor/270435de96a46e718.78099275/lang/1/listtype/search

hmmm.... maybe easier to email...

Dorothy Gibbs said...

Thanks Liz.... I'll look into that.
I couldn't find it here.